There are six National Women’s Alliances funded by the Department of Families, Housing, Community Service and Indigenous Affairs. Between us, the Alliances represent over 180 women’s organisations. We bring forward the views, voices and issues of Australian women and, in particular, women from marginalised and disadvantaged groups.
The Issues-based alliances are:
- economic Security 4 Women (eS4W)
- Equality Rights Alliance (ERA)
- Australian Women Against Violence Alliance (AWAVA)
The Sector based alliances are:
- National Rural Women's Coalition (NRWC)
- National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Women's Alliance (NATSIWA)
- Australian Migrant and Refugee Women's Alliance (AMaRWA)
ACLW is a member of the Equality Rights Alliance (ERA).
Women Vote 2013
The six National Women’s Alliances have come together to encourage women to use their votes in the 2013 Federal election. We think that it’s important that women’s voices are heard in this election. We want women to vote in a way that reflects the diverse lives and experiences of women in Australia.
For more information on Women Vote 2013: http://www.womenvote.org.au/home.html
To see the analysis of other organisations: http://www.leadershipforwomen.com.au/transform/activism/2013-election-policy-analysis-by-nfaw